Arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 ounces fresh arugula leaves
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- For vinaigrette, combine 1 tablespoon of aged balsamic vinegar, 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, and ½ teaspoon of mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Whisk mixture vigorously to form stable emulsion.
- To start salad, cut watermelon into 1-inch pieces and drain for 15 minutes.
- Tear arugula into bite-sized pieces and place in large salad bowl.
- Add chopped mint to arugula and mix thoroughly.
- Add drained watermelon to bowl.
- Crumble feta cheese on top of mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly with desired amount of balsamic vinaigrette.
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.