Asparagus Spears with Mandarin Orange
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 4-ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt (optional) and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Break off and discard the woody ends of the asparagus and cut the stalks into 2-inch pieces.
- Put the asparagus in a bowl, drizzle it with the olive oil, and sprinkle it with pepper and, if desired, salt. Toss gently to distribute the olive oil.
- Spread the asparagus evenly on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place in a warmed bowl, toss with the mandarin orange sections, and serve.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 50 calories 2 grams of protein 5 grams of carbohydrates 1 grams of fiber 10 milligrams of sodium
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.