Baby Arugula and Shaved Fennel with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium fennel bulb, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise as thinly as possible
- 4 cups arugula, lightly packed
- A pinch of potassium based salt substitute to taste
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, oil, and sugar; whisk until emulsified.
- Add freshly ground pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt substitute.
- In a large mixing or salad bowl, combine fennel and vinaigrette to taste and blend until fennel is evenly coated.
- Gently mix greens into fennel and vinaigrette mixture.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 150 calories 1 grams of protein 6 grams of carbohydrates 2 grams of fiber 630 milligrams of sodium 14 grams of fat ( 2 grams of saturated fat 11 grams of monounsaturated fat 1 grams of polyunsaturated fat )
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.