Cabbage is often overlooked in the produce section, but it is a great alternative to more common leafy greens. Sesame seeds and oil give the cabbage a rich, nutty flavor.
Braised Cabbage with Leeks and Sesame Seeds
- 1 quarter head of green cabbage, shredded
- 2 leeks, sliced, white parts only, well cleaned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Warm olive oil in a deep sauté pan. Once warm, add leeks and sprinkle with salt. Sauté until tender.
- Add the cabbage, stirring well to combine. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of water; cover and cook on medium to low heat until the cabbage is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with sesame oil, tossing gently to coat. Remove from heat to a warm serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 120 calories 2 grams of protein 11 grams of carbohydrates 3 grams of fiber 20 milligrams of sodium
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.