Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Shallots and Walnut Oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil or hazelnut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts: Remove the tough outer leaves. Wash off any dirt. Cut off the ends of the stems and score the bottom of each Brussels sprout with an X.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon of oil and pepper to coat evenly. Place in a baking dish and roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped shallots. Add the other tablespoon of oil to the pan, toss using a spoon or spatula, and return to the oven. Roast until shallots are browned.
- Remove from oven to a warm serving platter and drizzle with walnut oil. Season with pepper to taste, and serve.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 110 calories 3 grams of protein 8 grams of carbohydrates 3 grams of fiber 20 milligrams of sodium ( 1 grams of saturated fat 5 grams of monounsaturated fat )
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.