Roasting cauliflower and other vegetables create a sweet, caramelized flavor. This recipe uses a variety of spices and fresh lemon juice to create intense, craveable flavors that make this one of the most memorable vegetable side dishes imaginable!
Cardamom Roasted Cauliflower
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil + 2 teaspoons for oiling the baking dish
- 1 teaspoon whole cardamom seeds
- 3 dried red chiles
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 2 ½ to 3 pound head of cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice from one lemon
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil a 9”x13” baking dish with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and set aside.
- Grind the cardamom, chiles, coriander, cumin, and peppercorns in a coffee grinder or small food processor until fine. Mix the spices with the olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cauliflower and onions and toss to coat with the spice-oil mixture. Transfer the vegetables to a baking dish and roast until they are tender, about 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Sprinkle with kosher salt and a squeeze of lemon and serve.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/8 of recipe 140 calories 4 grams of protein 12 grams of carbohydrates 5 grams of fiber 200 milligrams of sodium 615 milligrams of potassium 9 grams of fat ( 1 grams of saturated fat 7 grams of monounsaturated fat 1 grams of polyunsaturated fat ) 5 milligrams of cholesterol
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.