Chef Milind’s Carrot and Coriander Soup
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- 15-18 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound carrots, grated
- ½ cup chopped green coriander (cilantro)
- 6 cups water
- Salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon light cream (optional)
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add the peppercorn, bay leaf, and fennel.
- Add in the onions and sauté until light brown, then add in the grated carrots and water. Boil the mixture until the carrot is cooked. Add in the coriander and immediately remove from the heat and let cool.
- Remove the bay leaves. Blend the soup and ingredients in a blender to form a smooth paste; strain if necessary.
- Heat the strained mixture in a sauce pan and add salt to taste; if the soup is too thick, add a small amount of water and stir, adjusting until reaching desired consistency. Stir in the cream (optional).
- Serve hot.
Nutrition facts:30 calories 5 grams of carbohydrates 1 grams of fiber 55 milligrams of sodium 1 milligrams of cholesterol
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.