Chicken Escarole Soup
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 pounds white onion, diced
* 2 pounds carrot, diced
* 2 pounds celery, diced
* 4 ounces garlic, diced
* 5 pounds chicken tenders, cooked and diced
* 5 pounds escarole, washed and chopped
* 5 gallons chicken stock
* 2 #10 cans drained white beans, about 12 pounds
* 4 ounces fresh thyme, chopped
* 2 ounces dried oregano
- In soup pot over medium heat, add olive oil. Sauté onions, carrots, and celery until soft, about 10 minutes. Add garlic. Add escarole. Sauté 5 minutes to wilt slightly. Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add chicken, beans, thyme, and oregano. Simmer 10 minutes and serve.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/100 of recipe 127 calories 10 grams of protein 17 grams of carbohydrates 4 grams of fiber 4 grams of sugar 633 milligrams of sodium 2 grams of fat 16 milligrams of cholesterol
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.