Couscous with Mint and Pine Nuts
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock plus ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¾ cup currants
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Reconstitute the currants by microwaving them in 1 cup of water for 2 minutes; drain.
- Combine the vegetable stock, water, and olive oil in a medium-size saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the couscous, and stir.
- Cover the saucepan and let it sit for 5 minutes; fluff the grains with a fork.
- Add the raisins, pine nuts, and herbs to the couscous, toss gently, and serve.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 230 calories 8 grams of protein 35 grams of carbohydrates 6 grams of fiber 150 milligrams of sodium 6 grams of fat
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.