Dried Fruit and Nuts
- 1¾ cups dried apricots
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1½ cups dried apple chips
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 2½ tablespoons honey
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the spiced nuts, mix honey, water, and cinnamon together. Coat mixed nuts with this mixture. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spread nuts out in a single layer.
- Roast nuts in preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes. Move nut mixture around to release from bottom of pan. Continue to roast for another 10 minutes.
- When nuts are ready to come out of oven, toss with vanilla. Let nuts cool completely at room temperature before serving.
- Mix dried fruits and nuts in a large bowl. Can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/3 cup, or 1/27 of recipe 190 calories 3 grams of protein 22 grams of carbohydrates 3 grams of fiber 30 milligrams of sodium 10 grams of fat ( 1 grams of saturated fat 4 grams of monounsaturated fat 5 grams of polyunsaturated fat )
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.