Fish Tacos with Cilantro Slaw
- Cilantro Slaw
- 1 head white cabbage, finely cut
- 1 red onion, julienne
- 1 red bell pepper, fine julienne
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fish Tacos
- 2 pounds wild Alaskan halibut fillets
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 small whole-wheat flour tortillas (8 inches in diameter)
- Mix all ingredients, let sit for 15 minutes, drain excess liquid, and serve.
- Season the fish fillets with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Sauté the fillets in the canola oil to form a nice crust.
- Heat the tortillas in a separate pan or microwave.
- Cut or break apart the fillets and place in the tortillas.
Nutrition facts:Per 1 taco filled with approximately 1 cup cilantro slaw 325 calories 29 grams of protein 35 grams of carbohydrates 6 grams of fiber 273 milligrams of sodium 1 grams of fat ( 1 grams of saturated fat ) 28 milligrams of cholesterol
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.