Fresh Spinach with Sesame Seeds
* 1 pound baby spinach
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon canola oil or peanut oil
* 2 teaspoons sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the canola or peanut oil in a wok or a large sauté pan over medium heat, and sauté the garlic for 20 seconds; do not let it get brown.
- Add spinach and toss lightly with tongs so that all pieces cook evenly.
- When spinach is lightly wilted, remove from heat, drizzle with sesame oil, and toss. Add sesame seeds and toss again. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/3 of recipe 121 calories 5 grams of protein 7 grams of carbohydrates 4 grams of fiber 120 milligrams of sodium 6 grams of fat ( 1 grams of saturated fat 3 grams of monounsaturated fat 2 grams of polyunsaturated fat )
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.