- 2 medium avocados
- 1½ tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoon white onion, finely chopped and rinsed
- 1 to 2 serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, cut into a ¼-inch dice
- Salt to taste
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise all the way to the pit and then twist the two halves apart. Remove the pit by scooping it out with a spoon and then, with the same spoon, scoop the flesh into a small mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork to a coarse puree, and then add the lime juice and garlic.
- Stir in the onion, tomato, and chili. Taste and season with salt.
- If not serving immediately, press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole to prevent browning and refrigerate, preferably not for more than a few hours.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 cup (or 1/12 of recipe) 60 calories 1 grams of protein 5 grams of carbohydrates 3 grams of fiber 15 milligrams of sodium 5 grams of fat ( 1 grams of saturated fat 1 grams of monounsaturated fat 3 grams of polyunsaturated fat )
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.