Kale with Caramelized Onions
- 1 pound fresh kale, roughly chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, caramelize the onions: Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a sauté pan over medium low heat and add the onions.
- Cook very slowly on medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are browned; do not burn. When finished, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate sauté pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the chopped kale and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the onions and, if desired, the lemon juice. Toss together. Remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 130 calories 4 grams of protein 14 grams of carbohydrates 3 grams of fiber 50 milligrams of sodium 7 grams of fat
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.