This creamy side dish offers a healthy and delicious alternative to mashed potatoes.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into flowers
- 2 to 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Steam cauliflower in a medium-sized pot on the stove top until tender (approximately 10 minutes). Remove cauliflower from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Once cool, pulse cauliflower in a food processor or blender until smooth, adding skim milk as needed if the mixture gets too dry.
- Brush an 8-inch by 8-inch casserole dish with olive oil. Spoon cauliflower into the baking dish and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese and bake until brown on top, about 25 minutes. Let the casserole cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 100 calories 6 grams of protein 8 grams of carbohydrates 6 grams of fiber 170 milligrams of sodium 6 grams of fat ( 2 grams of saturated fat 3 grams of monounsaturated fat 1 grams of polyunsaturated fat ) 10 milligrams of cholesterol
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.