- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 3 leaves fresh basil, julienne cut
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt (optional) and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add rice, stirring, and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until all the water has been absorbed, about 40 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, combine oil, garlic, and oregano in a separate bowl. Gently toss in tomatoes and feta cheese.
- When rice is finished cooking, remove from heat and let rest for a minute. Fold tomato mixture, spinach, and basil into rice. Pour lemon juice over rice and mix again.
- Season with salt (if desired) and pepper to taste, and serve.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 270 calories 6 grams of protein 40 grams of carbohydrates 3 grams of fiber 135 milligrams of sodium
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.