Oatmeal and Onion Roti
- 3 cups oatmeal, lightly crushed
- 4 ¼ cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons carom seeds
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup chopped green coriander (cilantro)
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 13 ounces water
- Mix all the ingredients together and knead to make a medium-soft dough. Cover dough with a wet cloth and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 17 equal balls and flatten each ball into a 6-inch disk.
- Place each disk on a griddle heated to medium heat for one minute, and flip over to cook on the other side for another minute. Keep flipping until brown spots appear on bread.
Nutrition facts:Per 1 piece, or 1/17 of recipe 162 calories 6 grams of protein 32 grams of carbohydrates 5 grams of fiber 207 milligrams of sodium
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.