- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 small- or medium-sized red pepper
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Cut all vegetables—except broccoli—into matchsticks. Warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add all the vegetables to the pan and sauté until almost tender. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle the oregano over the vegetables; toss to coat.
- When vegetables are tender—don’t overcook or they will get soggy—turn off the heat, pour the lemon juice evenly over the vegetables, and lightly toss. Season with salt and pepper if desired and serve immediately.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 70 calories 2 grams of protein 8 grams of carbohydrates 2 grams of fiber 25 milligrams of sodium 3 grams of fat
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.