Quinoa Chia Edamame Veggie Burger
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 ounces chia seeds
- 4 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 7 cups low-sodium vegetable stock or broth
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, smashed
- 4 ounces edamame beans, shelled and blanched
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- 3 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces of button mushrooms, chopped and sautéed in olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Place quinoa, rice, chia seeds, black beans, and veg stock into a rice cooker, and cook according to rice cooker directions/settings.
- Unplug the rice cooker and let the mixture sit covered for 30 to 60 minutes to absorb all liquid.
- Place 1 ½ cup of mixture in food processor and puree.
- In a large bowl, re-mix the pureed mixture with the remainder of the cooked mixture, along with all other ingredients. Mix well and season to taste with salt.
- Form burger patties and grill or sear.
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.