Roasted Balsamic Vegetables
Recipe courtesy of Harvard University Dining Services
- 1 red pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 2 summer squash
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium sized tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the pepper, zucchini, and summer squash into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the pepper, zucchini, summer squash, and garlic slices. Drizzle with the oil, add the oregano, and toss.
- Place the vegetables on a sheet pan in a single layer and bake until tender.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and return to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the tomato and basil, toss, and serve.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 70 calories 2 grams of protein 8 grams of carbohydrates 2 grams of fiber 10 milligrams of sodium 3 grams of fat ( 2 grams of monounsaturated fat 1 grams of polyunsaturated fat )
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.