Roasted tomatoes stuffed with goat cheese, garlic, and basil
- 4 medium fresh tomatoes (about one pound)
- ½ pound fresh goat cheese
- ½ large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, or light gas on charcoal grill.
- Slice off top ½ inch of each tomato and scoop out the tomato core and seeds. Slice off a small sliver from bottom of each tomato so they will stand upright in a small ceramic baking dish.
- In a bowl combine the goat cheese with the egg, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and one tablespoon of the olive oil. Fill the empty core of each tomato with the goat cheese mixture. Place the top on each tomato and drizzle with the remaining one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Either bake in oven in ceramic baking dish for 30 minutes, or grill directly on the cool side of the grill (not directly over heat) until tender and browned in spots. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve as either a side dish or main course, either hot or cooled to room temperature.
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.