Sauteed Rainbow Swiss Chard
- 1 pound rainbow Swiss chard, washed in several changes of water and thoroughly dried, stems removed, and leaves chopped into 2-inch pieces (reserve the stems for another use)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil
- Juice from half of a fresh lemon (optional)
- Salt (optional) and pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Smash the garlic clove with the side of a knife and add it to the pan. Sauté the garlic lightly in the oil and remove it from pan as soon as it starts to brown.
- Add the chard pieces to the pan and sauté until just wilted, stirring frequently.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add lemon juice, salt (if desired), and pepper to taste, and serve.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 40 calories 2 grams of protein 4 grams of carbohydrates 2 grams of fiber 220 milligrams of sodium
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.