Simple Celery Date Salad
- 3 large stalks celery, very thinly sliced (ok to include some of the nicer leaves)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 to 6 dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon light-colored honey (optional)
- Black pepper
- 1 to 2 ounces high-quality blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Pear slices for garnish (optional)
- Toss together the celery, olive oil, lemon juice, dates, and honey. Sprinkle with black pepper and toss again. At this point, the salad can be covered and refrigerated for up to two days.
- Serve cold, with a little blue cheese crumbled on top, if desired; note that if you add the blue cheese sooner, it blends into the dressing. If you wait and then sprinkle it on top at serving, it will be more distinct. It’s your call, as this is good either way. You may serve with slices of pear tucked into the side as well; tossing the pear slices with lemon juice prior to plating will help keep them from turning brown. Pass a pepper mill.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/2 of recipe, including blue cheese 270 calories 7 grams of protein 27 grams of carbohydrates 4 grams of fiber 420 milligrams of sodium 15 grams of fat ( 6 grams of saturated fat 8 grams of monounsaturated fat 1 grams of polyunsaturated fat ) 20 milligrams of cholesterol
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.