Spicy Indian Slaw
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon citrus vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked peppercorns
- 18 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and veined for less heat), finely chopped (optional)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 green cabbage head, halved, cored, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Whisk the ginger, lime juice, vinegar, sugar, chaat masala, toasted cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and cracked pepper together in a large bowl.
- Add the scallions, jalapenos, tomatoes, cilantro, and mint leaves and toss to combine.
- Add the cabbage and toss with your hands, making sure to coat it thoroughly with the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle with the peanuts and serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 hours, sprinkling with the peanuts just before serving.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/12 of recipe 75 calories 3 grams of protein 12 grams of carbohydrates 205 milligrams of sodium
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.