Subz Makhani (Stir-Fried Vegetables in a Tangy Tomato Honey Curry)
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- ¾ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup French beans, cut to ½ inch lengths
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon light cream (optional)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon low-fat evaporated milk
- Blanch all vegetables in boiling water, remove and drain.
- Cook tomato puree over low heat until it starts to boil.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala powder, ginger powder, fenugreek leaves, oil, and honey. Mix well and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add in 3/4 cup warm water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in cream and milk. Season with salt and cook for a few more minutes to get a nice, smooth sauce consistency.
- Add blanched vegetables, mix well, and cook over slow fire for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and serve hot.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 130 calories 22 grams of carbohydrates 4 grams of fiber 94 milligrams of sodium 3 milligrams of cholesterol
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.