Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Pecans
- 4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Salt (optional) and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the sweet potato pieces with the olive oil, salt (optional) and pepper, and place in a baking dish.
- Roast for 10 minutes, stir, then remove from oven and toss the sweet potatoes with a spatula or tongs so that they will brown evenly. Return the sweet potatoes to the oven and roast until they are fork tender, about another 10 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and toss with the pecans. Return to the oven and roast another 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potato mixture to a warm platter and serve immediately.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe (with no salt) 220 calories 3 grams of protein 33 grams of carbohydrates 5 grams of fiber 20 milligrams of sodium 9 grams of fat ( 1 grams of saturated fat 6 grams of monounsaturated fat 2 grams of polyunsaturated fat )
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.