Tomato and White Bean Salad
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans or white Northern beans, drained well
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 medium-sized tomato, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the chopped green pepper and garlic and sauté, stirring often until pepper is tender. Add the beans and cook only long enough to warm and to let some of the liquid cook off.
- Add the tomatoes and toss together with the beans and pepper. Cook only for a minute until tomatoes are warm. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 120 calories 6 grams of protein 16 grams of carbohydrates 5 grams of fiber 35 milligrams of sodium 3 grams of fat
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.