Tunisian Carrot Salad
- 5–6 medium-size carrots, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground caraway seeds
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Using the large holes of a grater, grate the carrots into a bowl.
- In a mortar, pound the garlic to a paste with the caraway and salt. Stir in the lemon juice and harissa, mixing well, then add the olive oil. Beat with a fork or a small wire whisk to amalgamate and immediately pour over the grated carrots. Set aside at room temperature for about 30 minutes to develop the flavors.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/6 of recipe 120 calories 1 grams of protein 6 grams of carbohydrates 2 grams of fiber 210 milligrams of sodium 11 grams of fat ( 2 grams of saturated fat 1 grams of monounsaturated fat 8 grams of polyunsaturated fat )
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.