Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 1 pound pinto beans
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 ounce garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- ½ teaspoon coriander, ground
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt to taste
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water. Drain the beans.
- Place the beans and vegetable stock in a medium stock pot and cook until beans are tender. Strain the stock from the beans and reserve.
- Sweat the onions and garlic in the olive oil, add the spices, and toast.
- Add the beans and enough stock to keep them from sticking to the pan and simmer.
- Mash the beans by hand or use an immersion blender to finish.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/20 of recipe 90 calories 5 grams of protein 16 grams of carbohydrates 4 grams of fiber 5 milligrams of sodium
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.