White Beans, Wild Rice and Mushrooms
Recipe courtesy of Harvard University Dining Services
Cook Time 35 min.
- 1½ pounds of canned low sodium Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 cups of low sodium vegetable stock (see recipe)
- 1¼ pounds sliced white mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 1 large scallion, chopped
- Sauté mushrooms in ½ tablespoon oil using a hot pan. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat vegetable stock in medium saucepan. Cook rice in vegetable stock, covered, until tender (approximately 35 minutes).
- Remove cooked rice, transfer to a large bowl, and allow to cool.
- Combine mushrooms, beans, wild rice, and chopped scallions.
- Add rice vinegar and remaining oil.
Nutrition facts:Per 1/4 of recipe 420 calories 18 grams of protein 68 grams of carbohydrates 15 grams of fiber 160 milligrams of sodium
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.