Requirements for Cancelling a Course
Whether temporarily cancelling, permanently cancelling, or inactivating a course the following materials and guidelines must be adhered to:
- All canceled courses require that a Course Cancel Form be completed and submitted to the Registrar’s Office and CEP. Category 1, 2, and 3 courses also require a letter from the department chair. Please see below for more details on this requirement.
- Course cancellation forms and letter should be sent to both CEP and RO email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Categories 1, 2, and 3 require a signed letter from the department chair with accompanying explanation.
- Explanation of a course category are listed here.
When completing a course cancellation form for an inactive/ permanent cancellation include:
- Signed course cancellation form with reason for cancellation
- Plan and proposed methods for how learning requirements will be met for the Category 1/2/3 course that is being removed.
- Communication plan to faculty, students, administrations
- Submit the cancellation form to CEP and the Registrar’s Office for review and approval