The Learning Designers at Harvard Chan offer faculty assistance around every phase of course design, development, delivery, and revision.
They have a wide range of expertise and interests to support the abilities and curriculum of the School, and can provide consultations in the following areas:
- Determining and mapping the purpose of a course
- Writing learning objectives that establish clear expectations for students
- Aligning learning objectives and course materials with assessments
- Reviewing syllabi
- Planning and executing flipped, blended, or web-enhanced learning
- Developing activities
- Developing visual materials (e.g. teaching aids)
- Reviewing and designing PowerPoints
- Reviewing videos (particularly for flipped classrooms)
To request a consultation, please contact Sejal Vashi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make requests as far in advance as possible to account for scheduling of the consult and the time to discuss and make improvements.
The Instructional Technologists at Harvard Chan offer faculty assistance in the use of instructional technology including, but not limited to, Canvas (learning management system), Poll Everywhere (student response system), and Turnitin (academic plagiarism checker).
To request a consultation on any of the technologies mentioned above, please email email@example.com. Please make requests as far in advance as possible to account for scheduling of the consult and the time to discuss and make improvements.