The Office of Financial Aid is committed to assisting students meet the cost of an education at the Harvard Chan School. The OFA manages both merit-based and need-based funds. The primary sources of funding at the School are scholarships, grants, loans, work-study, and outside funding. Please be advised that the School has limited scholarship funds and may not be able to meet fully each student’s needs. Therefore, the OFA encourages students to explore all funding opportunities; including funding that may come directly from the academic departments, programs, and/or externally. For additional information about funding opportunities both within and outside of the School, students are encouraged to visit our website at: http://hsph.harvard.edu/osfs/.
Prospective Students for 2017-18
Returning Students for 2017-18
To complete the 2017-18 FAFSA
- Eligible degree programs are: MPH45, MPH65, SM, SD/DPH, and DrPH
- Students in ineligible degree programs SHOULD NOT complete the FAFSA.
- Returning students should file the FAFSA no later than February 6, 2017, to be considered for need-based federal aid. OFA strongly recommends completing the FAFSA no later than April 2017 to ensure consideration for federal aid.
- Students now have the option to report tax information from a prior-prior tax year (PPY), allowing tax information from two years ago to be supplied in response to FAFSA questions. We strongly encourage applicants make use of the IRS data retrieval tool contained on the FAFSA.
- The on-line FAFSA application is available at http://www.fafsa.gov/.
- The Harvard Chan federal code is E00214 (select Harvard School of Public Health)
- FAFSA applications are available beginning October 1stst, 2016.
- Students may call 800-4FEDAID if they have any FAFSA-related questions or issues
OFA will begin packaging returning students’ Federal Loans and Harvard Chan School Central Scholarships at the end of April 2017. Students should contact their academic departments directly regarding the timeline of notifications of training grants/academic funding.
Students are welcome to contact our office regarding questions on all aspects of financial aid at (617) 432-1867 or via email at email@example.com.
The Priority Application Deadline is: February 10, 2017