- This event has passed.
Career Exploration Series – Faculty Panel
April 20 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Being a successful job candidate requires not only skills and knowledge, but also careful preparation. Our panelists will give a brief overview of their own professional job search, and will lead an open question and answer session. Come hear from current HSPH faculty and former HSPH postdocs as they discuss:
- How and where to learn about open positions
- Interviewing for a position and job talk essentials
- What to include in the cover letter, CV, and teaching and research statements
- Managing the job search, application, and interview process
- Smita Gopinath, PhD – Assistant Professor of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Lucas Henneman, PhD – Assistant Professor, Sid and Reva Dewberry Department of Civil, Environmental, and Infrastructure Engineering, George Mason University
- Lucia Petito, PhD – Assistant Professor of Preventive Medicine – Biostatistics, Biostatistics Collaboration Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University
A confirmation email with zoom link will be sent to all registrants. Any questions for our panelists should be submitted via the registration form or sent directly to PDA@hsph.harvard.edu and/or email@example.com by Monday, April 19.
*Please be sure to register by 4:00 PM on Monday, April 19. The Zoom session will not be recorded, but key takeaway notes will be shared after the panel with registrants, so feel free to register even if you cannot make it.