- Harvard Faculty of Arts and Sciences has some general guidance for new postdocs. Harvard Chan has some more specific information.
- International students should also consult the International Office’s guide for new scholars, especially for information about visas, health insurance, and taxes.
- The Office for Faculty Affairs has posted information for new postdocs, guidelines on postdoc salaries, guidelines for postdocs and mentors responsibilities, and grievance procedures.
- Postdocs have an annual review process.
- You can also take advantage of the PDA’s funding, career development, teaching, social, and community activities.
Information about health insurance and perks of working at Harvard can be found on our benefits page.
Funding and Finding Assistance
Information on common funding sources & strategies for postdocs can be found on our funding page.
For Departing Fellows
Postdocs who have been at HSPH for at least one year are automatically enrolled as members of the HSPH Alumni Association.
Postdocs can request a certification of their postdoctoral training when leaving the School or taking on a new type of appointment within the School. Postdoctoral research fellows with 12 consecutive, full months of postdoctoral training are eligible.
To request the certificate: