For postdoc workshops and other career events calendar provided by HSPH academic affairs – please click on the link to HSPH master calendar and click on the filter for “postdoc events” on the righthand side.
The PDA hosts a variety of socials and networking events every month. For up to date information follow us on twitter @HSPHPDA.
- 2016 Annual Postdoc appreciation day
- Chan Postdoctoral Association is organizing a Happy Hour on September 8th at the Mission Bar and Grill from 5:30-7:00 PM. Appetizers will be provided and attendees will be entered to win raffle prizes.
- In collaboration with the Harvard Medical School Postdoc Association, the Chan PDA is organizing a Happy Hour next Tuesday, July 26th (flyer attached). It would be great opportunity to catch up with old colleagues and friends from the Longwood area and meet new ones!Please RSVP using the link below:https://harvard.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4HFqZYAMRrkzuZL
Hope you can make it!
- Hiking @ Mt Monadnock on Saturday 17th May, 2014
The HSPH PDA will be organizing a trip to Mount Monadnock on Saturday May 17. Join us! Feel free to extend the invitation to members of your labs as well. A little bit about Monadnock: “At 3,165 feet, Mount Monadnock is nearly 1,000 feet higher than any other mountain peak within 30 miles and rises 2,000 feet above the surrounding landscape. It is the most prominent mountain peak between the White Mountains of New Hampshire and the Massachusetts Berkshires. It has long been known as one of the most frequently climbed mountains in the world” . Preparation level: Anyone can do this!. Distance and Duration: 1.9 – 2.1 miles from parking lot to summit. The hike up will take about 2-3 hours. The hike down will take much less. What to bring: Lunch, snacks, water (1-2 liter),a hat, a light rain jacket (in case of change in weather) and a camera! [Recommended: wear clothes made of synthetic fabrics]. Logistics: Mt. Monadnock is about 2 hours away from Boston. We are limited by the transportation spots. Please RSVP and based on how many cars we have available we will decide who will end up going. If you have a car, please consider driving. Disclaimer: Please note that neither the Harvard School of Public Health Postdoctoral Association (HSPH-PDA) nor Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) will be held liable for any injury sustained by participants in an outing event. RSVP with Ahmed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lilac Sunday at Arnold Arboretum on Sunday 11th May, 2014
- Public Health 101: Nutritional Epidemiology 101, a Nanocourse
On Thursday, May 8th, 2014, 1:30 - 4:30 PM in FXB G13. This nanocourse has been developed and will be taught by HSPH Postdocs. The Nanocourse has two sessions, the first of which is free and open to a general audience. The second session requires registration, details about which can be found at this link: Curriculum Fellow: Zofia Gajdos, and course instructors are: Dr. Jessica Smith, Dr. Liana Del Gobbo, Dr. David St. Jules
Social/ career/ networking events in academic year 2013-14
- Social & Behavioral Sciences 101, a Nanocourse
The HSPH PDA is very pleased to announce a new Nanocourse that is being offered: Public Health 101: Social & Behavioral Sciences beginning on Thursday, April 24, 2014, 1:30 4:30 PM in FXB G13. This nanocourse has been developed and will be taught by HSPH Postdocs. The Nanocourse has two sessions, the first of which is free and open to a general audience. The second session requires registration.
- Spring travel awards at the Joseph Martin Lounge on Friday, April 18th 2014, 4-6pm
- Postdoc-faculty mixer and speed mentoring at 6pm on Thursday March 27th, 2013 in the Joseph B. Martin Lounge in Vanderbilt Hall
- HSPH Postdoctoral Association Travel Award on Friday, 13th December 2013
The Postdoctoral Association Travel Award is designed to provide financial support to Harvard School of Public Health research fellows/postdoctoral fellows who have limited opportunities to attend a conference. Three awards up to $1500 were awarded
The award was given out on December 13, 2013 and we would like to congratulate the winners:
Caroline Boeke, Epidemiology
Morteza Asgarzadeh, Nutrition
Jennifer Michel, Environmental Health
- Pool social @ Flat Top Johnny’s on Thursday (11/21) at 7pm
- Halloween Mixer on Wednesday, October 30 2013, 6-8 pm @ The Mission