Use the menu on the left to navigate our webpage. You will find additional information on our program, our staff, resources that can be used to help organizations prepare for emergencies, and contact information for you to get in touch with us.
- PHEP @ Atlanta – April 1-3, 2014 – Dr. Paul Biddinger, Director of EPREP, will be a featured plenary speaker at the PHEP Preparedness Summit for the opening Plenary Session: Preparing Our Nation’s Healthcare System for Catastrophic Disaster: Looking at the Past to Improve the Future
- PERRC @ Orlando – April 13, 2014
- JCR Conference @ Lake Buena Vista, FL – May 8, 2014
2013 was an active year for the Emergency Preparedness and Response Exercise Program (EPREP). Our past exercises and activities have included:
- Publication of resources for hospitals on the topic of hazardous materials response and decontamination (see our resources page)
- A statewide medical surge functional exercise series
- A statewide healthcare recovery workshop series
- A full scale regional shelter exercise focused on providing medical care in a shelter setting
- A workshop for first-year medical students covering core principles of emergency preparedness and response
- A workshop for college healthcare program directors covering the core principles of emergency preparedness, response, and exercise program management
- An interstate exercise series assisting hospitals in the northeast with the development of tertiary care center evacuation plans
- An exercise series assessing the joint response of emergency preparedness and information technology departments throughout a regional healthcare network to an IT system failure
- Presentations by EPREP staff at the Public Health Emergency Preparedness Summit, The Joint Commission Resources Conference, the Preparedness Emergency Response and Recovery Consortium, and the Massachusetts Hospital Association Annual Emergency Medicine Conference
- Dr. Biddinger has joined with other Boston responders to share lessons learned during the response to the marathon bombings in a New England Journal of Medicine article and during a Harvard School of Public Health Forum.
Please contact the Emergency Preparedness and Response Program using the form below.