- This event has passed.
Special Two-Part Online Event—Beyond Longevity: Achieving Well-being in Healthy Aging (Day 1)
October 21 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
The Lee Kum Sheung Center for Health and Happiness and the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies invite you to a two-day online symposium examining aging from a positive health perspective, with a particular focus on social and psychological well-being in aging.
Expert speakers will discuss our current understanding of the social and environmental factors likely to support healthy aging, the roles happiness and positive mental health may play in physical health and longevity, promising interventions and policy approaches, and ideas for a future research agenda. Harvard Chan faculty Laura Kubzansky, Lilian Cheung, and Vish Viswanath will moderate.
Day One—A Positive Health Perspective on Aging: Social Assets
Opening Remarks by Dean Michelle Williams, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Sandro Galea, Dean and Robert A. Knox Professor, Boston University School of Public Health
- Tara Gruenewald, Associate Professor, Chair, Department of Psychology at Crean College of Health and Behavioral Sciences, Chapman University
- Claudia Trudel-Fitzgerald, Research Scientist, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- October 21
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Other Related Harvard Events
- the Lee Kum Sheung Center for Health and Happiness
- Online seminar
- MA United States + Google Map