The Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies (HCPDS) is a university-wide initiative, dedicated to interdisciplinary research focused primarily on the quantitative social science of population change, socioeconomic development, and public health. Our goal is to produce population-based evidence that will better inform policies needed to create healthy and resilient societies.
We seek a Faculty Assistant (FA) to join our inclusive, upbeat, and integrated administrative team whose function is to support our mission and the work of our researchers. In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for a wide range of administrative duties for Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Professors Laura Kubzansky and SV Subramanian. The FA will also provide general support for HCPDS seminars and projects, plus backup for the office manager.
This is a full-time term appointment starting summer 2023 (preferably July 1) through June 30, 2024, with strong likelihood of renewal.
This role is offered as a hybrid (some combination of onsite and remote) where you are required to be onsite 2-4 days/week in Cambridge, MA. Specific days and schedule will be determined between you and your manager. Candidates are asked to visit the HCPDS website for more information on our mission and work: https://hsph.harvard.edu/cpds
Specific duties related to assistance for Professors Kubzansky and Subramanian:
- Provide strategic and thoughtful management of their respective calendars including scheduling in-person and remote appointments, confirming availability of meeting participants, booking space, sending reminders, and proactively troubleshooting scheduling conflicts. Assist with agenda preparation. Periodically may be required to take meeting notes.
- Coordinate travel including booking flights and hotel.
- Update CVs, publications list, bibliographies, and other standard biographical documents needed for grant submissions, reports, and faculty profile web pages.
- Prepare expense reports and assist with monthly expense reconciliation. Draft and coordinate correspondence on their behalf including reference letters and responses to inquiries.
- Compose, edit, and manage correspondence including editing and submitting reference letters and responding to cold inquiries.
- Provide various admin support for Prof Kubzansky and Prof Subramanian’s specific research projects.
Specific duties related to HCPDS general assistance:
- Share front-desk responsibilities including answering main line, plus greeting and directing visitors and vendors.
- Assist the HCPDS program manager with 1) the planning and execution of multiple seminars and events (this would include providing speaker information to the Center’s communication coordinator for promotional purposes, and serving as on-site event assistant); and 2) the annual postdoctoral fellowship recruitment period such as organizing application folders and corresponding with candidates.
- As time allows, perform administrative tasks related to Center-wide team building events (lunches, annual outing), grant submissions, and special projects (e.g. researching new software platforms to test).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term appointment of 1 year from date of hire with the possibility of extension. This is a hybrid position, and this position will be based in Cambridge, MA. Additional detail pertaining to this position will be discussed during the interview process. All remote work must be performed in a state in which Harvard is registered to do business (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, California (exempt staff only), Georgia, Illinois, New Jersey, Virginia, and Washington).
Educational level: Bachelor’s degree preferred. 3+ years of relevant experience is required; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
See official job posting for full job description, all required/preferred qualifications required, and application process: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25240&siteid=5341#jobDetails=1991457_5341
Auto Req ID: 62302BR
Questions should be directed to Laura Price, HCPDS Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org