Successful applicants will receive a notice of award from the Dean’s Office. Fellows are required to submit a signed Fellowship Acceptance Form and complete the vendor setup on Harvard Supplier Portal in order to receive the Fellowship stipend.
- Attend both orientation and debrief sessions designed to cultivate a community of learning for Fellows.
- Journal and reflect on the role as a learner in the field.
- Engage with other Fellows to create a learning community within the cohort.
- Submit written reports via Canvas (progress report, final report, and peer-review process).
- Attend meetings with the donor including an annual seminar to present on service learning experience with the larger School community.
Fellows traveling abroad should ensure the following are complete:
IMPORTANT: All Rose Service Learning Fellows intending to travel must comply with University-wide Covid-19 travel policy. Items below can be found on the Harvard Global Support Services (GSS) website.
- Read the University-wide Covid-19 Travel Policy.
- Read the Graduate and Professional Student International Travel Policy.
- Identify your destination’s travel risk rating.
- Register your trip through MyTrips, a portal managed by Harvard Global Support Services.
- Submit a travel waiver.
- Submit a Covid-19 vaccination attestation.
- Watch the GSS Online Orientation.
- Submit a travel safety questionnaire if traveling to a high-risk location.
- Schedule a consultation with GSS if traveling to a high-risk location.
- Visas are the student’s responsibility. Review information on the Harvard GSS site. Check visa requirements, including the lead time to obtain visas, and complete relevant visa application procedures. International students should consult with the Harvard International Office regarding visas and other requirements.
Payments for project expenses in your budget are the responsibility of the awardee. Students should discuss any logistics about any relevant project expenses with the host organization to address any questions or issues in advance.