Governing Agencies and Ethics Review Structure
The Bangladesh Medical Research Council (BMRC) is responsible for the review and approval of all health research being conducting in Bangladesh. The BMRC consists of three other reviewing committees; The Scientific Review Committee, The Executive Committee, and the National Research Ethics Committee. Each project proposal that is approved by the Scientific Review Committee must get ethical clearance before funding by BMRC.
- Application for Ethical Clearance
- Research Grant Application
Points to Consider – Investigators
- BMRC identifies priority Health Research areas.
- BMRC provides grants for research conducted in identified priority areas.
- For Research management and coordination BMRC has established Research Cells in 8 Medical Colleges.
Local Research Institutions
- Dhaka Community Hospital Trust (DCH Trust), Dhaka
- The International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research Bangladesh (ICDDR B), Dhaka
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU), Dhaka
- National Institute of the Kidney Diseases and Urology (NIKDU), Dhaka
- Institute of Child and Mother Health (ICMH), Dhaka
- Sir Salimullah Medical College (SSMC), Dhaka
- Bangladesh Institute of Research for promotion of essential and reproductive health and technologies (BIRPERHT), Dhaka
- Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons (BCPS), Dhaka
- National Heart Foundation of Bangladesh, Dhaka
- National Institute of Population Research and Training (NIPORT), Dhaka
- Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp