Governing Agencies and Ethics Review Structure
The Ethics and Scientific Review Committee is responsible for the review and approval health or health related research requiring the participation of human subjects being conducted in Sierra Leone.
Points to Consider – Investigators
The PI must submit:
- Seven copies of the research protocol detailing the ethical issues in the study and how these issues can be solved
- Consent forms
- Completed check lists
- Brief CV of the PI
For each proposed study submitted, a non-refundable administrative handling fee of:
- One hundred thousand Leones (Le100, 000) for individuals in Sierra Leone. Undergraduate students in Sierra Leone are exempted from this charge
- Five hundred thousand Leones for NGOs (Le500,000) based in Sierra Leone
- One hundred dollars for foreign students or individuals not normally residing in Sierra Leone Five hundred dollars for institutions not based in Sierra Leone.
Local Research Institutions
- Njala University
- Sierra Leone Agricultural Research Institute