Breaking news! On January 20, 2022, California AB-1341, passed the California Assembly Appropriations Committee! We are very excited about this progress and urge all California constituents to reach out to their Assembly legislators asking them to cosponsor and vote in favor of the bill.
Thank you California Assemblymember Garcia for championing this bill to protect young people from dangerous weight loss dietary supplements and over-the-counter diet pills.
Introduced by California Assemblymember Cristina Garcia in the 2021-2022 California legislative session, Dietary supplements for weight loss and over-the-counter diet pills (AB-1341), would protect kids from dangerously underregulated weight-loss dietary supplements and over-the-counter diet pills by restricting the sale to adults 18 years or older in stores and online.
Helpful materials on CA AB-1341:
- Youth Infographic for California AB-1341
- Partner Organization Letter in support of California AB-1341
- California Out of Kids’ Hands bill Talking Points
- Green Tea Extract Is a Liver Toxin – Infographic
- Letter in support of California’s AB-1341 from Vito Frank Leonardo, Certified Personal Trainer and WNBF Professional Bodybuilder
- Letter in support of California’s AB-1341 from Dr. Pieter Cohen, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and Internist, Cambridge Health Alliance
- Letter in support of California’s AB-1341 from Dr. Bryn Austin, STRIPED Director
- Letter in support of California’s AB-1341 from Dr. Jason Nagata, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco and Co-Chair of the International Association for Adolescent Health Young Professionals Network
- Letter in support of California’s AB-1341 from former supplements sales representatives and store manager