Please explore these resources to learn more about this important public health issue. If you are a Massachusetts resident, we urge you to contact your local state representative and senator in the Massachusetts Statehouse by phone or email using these templates. You can find your legislators here.
We would like to thank all the advocates for H.1195 for their continued support. We would also like to thank Representative Kay Khan for her leadership in sponsoring and championing this bill. Rep. Khan is a strong advocate for important issues in mental healthcare, eating disorders, and women’s and children’s health. For more information, visit her website here.
We look forward to continuing to work with advocates for policy change to address this important issue.
STRIPED Resources for Advocates and Legislators:
- Massachusetts H.1195
- H.1195 Policy Brief
- STRIPED Coalition Sign-on Letter
- Massachusetts Fact Sheet
- Other State Fact Sheet
- Talking Points
- Science Summaries
- The Dangers of Diet Pills and Muscle-Building Supplements
- Tips For Meeting With Your Legislator MA
Learn More About the Dangers of Diet Pills & Muscle Building Supplements:
- American Academy of Pediatrics Report: Preventing Obesity and Eating Disorders in Adolescents
- American Academy of Pediatrics Report: Use of Performance-Enhancing Substances
- The Dangerous Mix of Adolescents and Dietary Supplements for Weight Loss and Muscle Building: Legal Strategies for State Action
- Over-the-Counter and Out-of-Control: Legal Strategies to Protect Youths from Abusing Products for Weight Control
- How America’s Flawed Supplement Law Creates the Mirage of Weight Loss Cures
- Attorneys General Letter on Dietary Supplements
- Supplements and Health: Sorting the Facts Forum and Live Facebook Pre-Event Q&A
- WGBH Greater Boston segment on the dangers of dietary supplements sold for weight loss and muscle building