Tips for effective pathways of influence research:
- First, learn everything you can about the district of your key decision-makers.
- Then, learn everything you can about the connection, voting districts, and relationships of your organization, grassroots members, and coalition partners.
- Where are your partners located and who are their lawmakers?
- Who are the lawmakers serving districts with eating disorder treatment centers in the state?
- In districts served by key decision-makers, what can you learn about the youth athletic associations, retailers, parents, health care providers, faith community leaders, local media personalities, and other potential allies?
Here are more tips for uncovering Pathways of Influence research on key decision-makers and a helpful worksheet to get you started.