Athletic facilities are available at Vanderbilt Hall (107 Avenue Louis Pasteur)and are free to all Longwood area Harvard students. These facilities include courts for tennis, squash, and basketball; a weight room; and an aerobics area. For more information, call 617-432-1630 or visit the web site at http://hms.harvard.edu/departments/vanderbilt-hall/vanderbilt-hall-athletic-facility.
All other Harvard athletic facilities open to School students require an athletic membership. The main Cambridge facilities membership is free to School students and at a reduced rate for their families. These facilities include basketball courts, Nautilus equipment, sailboats and sculls, ice skating rinks, squash and tennis courts, and swimming pools. Classes are offered in a variety of areas, including fencing, karate, scuba diving, aerobics, yoga, and volleyball. Students who wish to row or sail must pass a swimming test. For more information, please call the Athletic Ticket and Membership Office (617-495- 1585) or visit http://recreation.gocrimson.com/landing/index.
Bicycles are not allowed in the School’s buildings. There are numerous bike racks and bike cages located on the Harvard Longwood campus. Students, faculty, and staff should register their bicycles with the HMS Commuter Service and Parking Office. Information regarding registering bicycles is found on the HMS Commuter Service and Parking Office web site, http://hms.harvard.edu/content/bicycling. The HMS Commuter Service and Parking Office can be reached by phone at 617-432-1111 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Harvard Longwood Bicyclists is an on campus bicycle community that provides information and resources to Harvard Longwood cyclists. They can be reached by visiting their website www.hsph.harvard.edu/bikes.
Locker application is currently closed.
The Office for Student Affairs manages the lockers located throughout the Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health. Lockers are available for the Academic Year: August 2019 – May 2020. Students are required to follow the OSA locker use policy. Lockers are available at limited quantity, so apply early if possible.
Locker Use Policy
- Lockers are managed by the Office for Student Affairs (OSA) and are available to academic year and summer students for the duration of your studies at Harvard Chan.
- Lockers should be used for storing books, bags and other personal items. Please do not store perishable food, or expensive personal items.
- Harvard Chan reserves the right to search the lockers if a concern for safety arises.
- Students are responsible for cleaning out their lockers by the end of the current Academic Year. Any students requiring lockers beyond May 29, 2020 will need to reapply by this date via the link above.
- You may not change the lock assigned to your locker. If the lock is changed or a lock is used that is not registered with Harvard Chan, we reserve the right to confiscate the lock and discard the locker contents.
Lockers must be emptied and vacated no later than May 29, 2020.
- Students are responsible for cleaning out their lockers by this date, after which time any remaining contents will be removed and discarded to make room for new assignments. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Parking places are scarce. Most streets around the School are either metered or reserved for Mission Hill residents only. Some stretches of Tremont Street are zoned for 2-hour free parking. Use of public transportation is strongly advised.
There is no parking available to Harvard Chan School students on campus.
Shower facilities at the School:
Second Floor (Unisex)
Sixth Floor (Unisex)
Eleventh Floor (Unisex)
Ground Floor (Women)
First Floor (Men)
Second Floor (Women)
Third Floor (Men)
Ninth Floor (Men)