What Do I Do If I Have A Credit Balance?

If a student has a credit balance remaining on their bill after all charges have been settled, the student may request a refund. Refunds are not automatically generated, except in cases where federal loans exceed tuition and fees.

Students should submit their request by completing the online refund form below.  Most requests for refunds can be processed within three business days. However, some requests may take significantly longer should the Office of Financial Aid be missing appropriate documents from the student or the actual student registration differs from the expected enrollment.

Credit Balance Refund Form

The Refund Request Form should be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid by either filling out and submitting the refund form online. Any questions regarding refunds should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid (osfs@hsph.harvard.edu).