Summer Courses, Independent Studies, and Research at the Harvard Chan School

Students may elect to take independent studies or research during the summer period. Certain grants require that continuing doctoral and master’s students register in the summer period. A maximum of five credits will be given for independent studies or research taken during the summer. Students must pay summer tuition in full to receive degree credit for summer work. Student interested in summer independent study or research credit should contact Isabelle Bourdonne in the Registrar’s Office (617-432-0168) for details.

Tuition paid for summer independent studies or research may not be credited toward tuition requirements for full-time students.