Non-Degree Course Enrollment Policies & Procedures
Students are required to complete all course enrollment activities prior to the enrollment deadline(s) specified in the academic calendar. Students are expected to have their enrollments finalized in my.harvard by the posted deadlines. Students are encouraged to enroll in courses as early in the enrollment period as possible. The Harvard Chan School does not allow students to enroll in courses that have conflicting meeting times under any circumstance. If there is a wait list at the time of enrollment, the student should add themselves to the list for the course. Students placed on the wait list will not be adjusted for any reason.
All non-degree students must abide by the following policies:
- Students must have their enrollments finalized in my.harvard by the session’s add/drop deadline.
- Students must enroll in courses as early in the enrollment period as possible.
- Harvard Chan does not allow students to enroll in courses that have conflicting meeting times under any circumstance.
- Cross-registration is not permitted for non-degree students.
- Online courses are not permitted; all courses must have an in-person component.
- Requesting an exception to increase the maximum credits allowed is not permitted.
- Non-Degree students must take all their courses on campus without exception.
- Auditing courses (except for Auditors) is not allowed under any circumstances.
The following procedures must be followed to complete the course enrollment process:
- Select courses on the my.harvard portal.
- Select grading options for each course on my.harvard (ordinal, Pass/Fail or Audit).
- Obtain all appropriate course-related permissions if required.
- Complete all registration requirements on or before the add/drop deadline.
Detailed instructions for processing course enrollment transactions and requesting instructor permission can be found in the Knowledge Center at https://about.my.harvard.edu/students. Please note that students may not, under any circumstance, enroll in courses that meet at the same or overlapping time periods. Changes to one’s schedule may be made up until the add/drop/change deadline.
Non-Degree Academic Standing
In addition to meeting course load requirements and distributions, Harvard Chan School students must remain in good academic standing, must complete program requirements within the designated time, and must meet the following academic conditions:
All students must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.70 or above. If a non-degree student receives a cumulative grade point average of 2.70 or below for a semester/part of term, the student will be in academic suspension and ineligible to take non-degree courses at the Harvard Chan School.
Students must clear their holds by the add/drop/change deadline to prevent a withdrawal from their course(s). During the academic year, students are responsible for the full tuition of course(s) that have been withdrawn.