As a non-residential campus, new and returning Harvard Chan School students are responsible for finding their own housing. The Office for Student Affairs has some resources available to assist students in their search for housing, including a housing resource web site, www.hsph.harvard.edu/housing. The site includes a housing guide plus additional information and resources for finding Harvard owned or private housing. Students are strongly encouraged to use this site during their housing search.

Harvard Owned and Operated Facilities:
Shattuck International House
The Henry Lee Shattuck International House is maintained on a nonprofit basis by the Harvard Chan School as a residence for its graduate students and their families from the U.S. and abroad. There are three apartment buildings, located at 199, 203, and 207 Park Drive, Boston, within walking distance of the Harvard Longwood campus, public transportation, and several shopping areas. The seventy furnished apartments have either one or two bedrooms. Each apartment has its own kitchen and bath. Shattuck International House rents include all utilities except telephone and cable TV. High speed internet connection is available in each apartment and is provided free of charge.

Priority for housing assignments at Shattuck is given to School students. Applications from students of other Harvard graduate schools and School affiliates (research fellows, visiting scholars, and post-doctoral fellows) will be considered only if there are vacancies after assignments are made for School students. Full-time registered students and research fellows affiliated with Harvard University and their spouses and/or children are eligible to live in Shattuck International House; other relatives, childcare providers, etc., are not permitted to live in Shattuck International House. This policy also applies to arrangements for subletting or sharing accommodations.

Shattuck International House tenants who have not paid their rent or have damaged their apartments will be reported to the Registrar’s Office. Registration for the next semester will be denied and requests for transcripts and diplomas will be withheld until all charges have been paid in full.

Harvard University Housing (HUH)
HUH manages housing in university-owned buildings, including Harvard@Trilogy, an apartment complex located in the Fenway area of Boston, close to the School. Information and application forms for Harvard Housing are available online. The HUH website also provides links to helpful resources such as a self-service listing of apartments and houses in the area not owned by the university, as as a list of people looking for roommates, and short-term rental resources. For more information, e-mail housing@harvard.edu or call HUH at 617-496-7827 (local and international) or 800-252-5020 (within the US).

Vanderbilt Hall
107 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115
Vanderbilt Hall is a dormitory operated by Harvard Medical School. Priority is given to students of the Harvard Medical and Dental Schools and the Division of Medical Sciences, and Harvard Chan School and GSAS students may apply though openings are not guaranteed and may occur late in the application process. Vanderbilt, located at the corner of Avenue Louis Pasteur and Longwood Avenue, includes furnished single bedrooms, shared single-sex bathrooms, and shared fully equipped kitchens. Recreational facilities include a music studio, a grand piano, and a game room. There is also an outdoor tennis court, an indoor basketball court, squash courts, weight rooms, a spinning studio and a group fitness room. The athletic facilities are free for students (guests must pay a fee). For more information, contact the Vanderbilt Hall Business Office at 617-432-1630 or vanderbilt_hall@hms.harvard.edu.